HUGO BOSS is committed to upholding human rights and protecting the environment, and works together with its suppliers to achieve these goals, mitigating environmental impacts and improving working conditions in the supply chain. To meet future sustainability challenges, we rely on learning together and share our knowledge with our partners.
HUGO BOSS provides ESG onboarding trainings to suppliers and specific capacity building programs to selected suppliers. In 2022, we conducted trainings on topics such as working hours, environmental management, chemical management, climate action, gender equality, living wage and grievance mechanism. They were also implemented in collaboration with organizations like ZDHC, Partnership for Sustainable Textiles or Leather Working group.
We produce 14% of our products at own production sites. The remaining 86% are sourced from suppliers all over the world. HUGO BOSS has been working with its strategic partners for eleven years on average. We continuously support their growth and development. Specifically, in 2022, the Company spent around 44% of the total sourcing volume on strategic suppliers in Tier-1. These relationships are crucial to the company, they are the only way to ensure the high quality of raw materials and finished products. The long-term relationships also make it possible to work on social and environmental subjects together.